2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 11:36 AM by omally

Eyefinity not working in older games

omally

I just started messing around with Eyefinity using my HD 7950, 3 24" 1920x1080 monitors and the latest 16.2 Crimson drivers.  Eyefinity works fine for 2 newer games - Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Mad Max, though the card isn't quite powerful enough to push three monitors for those newer games and it was killing my FPS.  So I decided to try some older games that the card should have no problem with, but as of now I'm 0 for 2.  Both Assassin's Creed II and Syndicate (2012) are listed as "gold" compatible with Eyefinity (whatever that means), but neither will work.

With AC 2, the game will consistently crash within 2 seconds after launching.  It looks like it's starting up on the center screen, and sometimes I get a quick flash of the Ubisoft logo, then I just get dumped to the desktop.  The game works fine on 1 monitor.

Syndicate also works fine on one monitor - but that's all that will ever display.  When I try to launch the game with Eyefinity it looks like it will work - the Syndicate load window pops up on my middle monitor, but as soon as the game starts the middle and right monitor are disabled and the game only runs on my left screen.  I also don't have resolution or Eyefinity options in the video settings.

I've spent several hours now trying to get this working and I'm getting frustrated.  Does anybody know how to get these older games working?

• Re: Eyefinity not working in older games
          xeleron

Platform?Fall back to catalist 15.7

• Re: Eyefinity not working in older games
              omally

Thanks xeleron, I'm on Windows 10. One of the monitors is DVI, the second HDMI and the third is DP.  I've read other EF-related posts that mention rolling back to earlier versions, but I'm not inclined to go to all that trouble just to play old games on 3 monitors.  I'm hoping there's some tweak or .ini file I need to adjust, or something like that - maybe due to Windows 10 or something I missed in the setup.  If AMD really did break eyefinity on older games with this Crimson software, then they need to get off their duffs and fix it.