1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 5:19 PM by jackwraith

Enabling Crossfire Disables One Of My Displays

technoir

2 x Sapphire R9 270X 4GB on an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2.0, Crossfire cable connected.

Display 1 - LG 34UC97S w DPort-to-Dport cable

Display 2 - BenQ 2420HDB w DVI-to-HDMI cable

According to the docs, when enabling Crossfire, both displays need to be connected to the card in PCIe X16 Slot 1. However, when I do this, Display1 to DPort, Display2 to HDMI, Display2 does not receive signal.  The only way I have both displays lit up is with Crossfire disabled and the displays on separate cards.

Running Crimson 15.11 at the moment, going to updated to 15.12 and possibly update with the 16.2.1 "hotfix" update from March 1.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

**Update**   So, after one failed driver upgrade, several reboots and a clean AMD package install, it's now working.   Crossfire enabled, but both displays are plugged into PCIe x16 Slot *2*.  Very odd, but hey, if it's working, I'm not going to complain.  Had to leave it to go to work, but will do some benchmark testing and test out some of my games.  Looking forward to much improved performance!

Message was edited by: Rob Drover

• Re: Enabling Crossfire Disables One Of My Displays
          jackwraith

from my personal experience with the catalyst drivers ... installs and updates tend to fail while HDMI ports are being used ... this can cause the issues you are having ... i have been able to fix the issue by uninstalling all amd software using the control panel ... turn off the computer ... unplug everything using HDMI ports ... turn computer back on ... install the most recent catalyst package for your graphics ... (dont restart when prompted) turn off computer plug HDMI devices back in ... start computer ... everything should be fine when you use this process ...

Hope this helps you and others in the future ...