1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 9:18 PM by techguy

Update on the new Zen FX CPU's Please!

neptunus

Hello Beloved AMD Geeks,

I always said it befor and i will still say it, I have always been a AMD and ROG fan and will always be.

AMD been very quiet and slow for a long time now, my beloved father always said: fear the quiet ones. All i have heared and read about the new AMD Zen FX Cpus been only rumors, can someone tell me some rock solid facts about the new AMD Zen FX?

How many cores will the Zen FX CPU have?   ( some say 8 pcs of cores, other say 16, and another 32 cores)

How much will the price tag be on the CPU? (Some rumors said around 500-600 U$D)

When will we see it on the market?

Will there be any AMD Radeon DDR 4 Memory?

Sincerly:

Neptunus

• Re: Update on the new Zen FX CPU's Please!
          techguy

I can't officially speak for AMD but I can tell you some things that have been disclosed by AMD or reliable sources.

1. The Zen desktop CPUs are named Summit Ridge

2. Consumer model desktop Summit Ridge CPUs will be available in 2-4-8 core versions. Zen core based enterprise desktop CPUs will be available  in 4-8-16 and likely 32 core models - if not more.

3. No cost numbers have been released for Zen products but I would expect them to be similar to past new CPU releases plus a small bit

4. Summit Ridge desktop CPUs are suppose to start shipping in Q4 of 2016. Reportedly the faster CPU higher core count  models will ship first.

5. Since the new Summit Ridge CPUs are reported to support DDR4 you can expect AMD DDR4 DRAM to also become available

1 of 1 people found this helpful