5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 10:26 AM by amdmatt

Is there a way I can use dedicated HD 6650 in Windows 10 on a laptop with dual graphics and HD 4250?

nimik

I have a HP DV6 6000ee laptop with dual graphics and I just updated (3rd and last time) to windows 10 x64, with hope that new drivers were released. I was wrong!

Problem is that the dedicated card HD 6650 is in the supported GPU list regarding windows 10 drivers, but the integrated GPU HD4250 is not.

CCC tells me there is no driver installed and thus I can't switch to dedicated GPU (I don't even need the integrated graphics as I never use it). HP also thought it is a good idea not to provide the option in BIOS to completely disable the integrated GPU. Fkin' A...

There are some workarounds to install the 13.4 beta legacy drivers but I can't get windows to update to the mentioned 8.970.100.9001 version, as it will update to a much newer driver version which of course does not work.

This not supported stuff is a bit weird: I have two desktops one with a HD3870 and one with HD4850 both with Windows 10. They both work just fine with all functions available and all games that I used to play are playable with full performance. Those GPU's are on the unsupported list but still they work just fine.

Anyone else facing the same issue?