5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 2:12 AM by culain99

R9-280x black screen after login in windows 10 (clean/fresh install)

culain99

I have been facing black screen issues after login into a clean fresh install of windows 10 immediately after installing amd drivers (15.7 , 15.7.1, 15.11, 15.12, 16.1, 16.2 hot fix). using the basic windows driver there is no black screen issue. disabling ULPS in registry does not help. removing drivers with DDU and reinstalling does not help. removing the drivers and then unplugging the video card and plugging it back does not help too. integrated video/GPU driver is disabled.

essentially I am left with a very expensive graphic card turned into a useless brick as I cant use it. AMD/ATI please get your act together and fix this issue, I have seen people complaining about this issue online for the past year and it is still not solved. Having been a loyal ATI fan and purchasing many different ATI cards since the 90's...this is the last straw. If the issue is not fixed in a driver release by end of march.......I am purchasing a NVIDIA card as a replacement and never going back.....good-bye !