1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 7:10 AM by amdmatt

Amd crimson 15.12/16.2 won't install

areanes

I have the following problem:

I tried to clean install Crimson web 15.12 for Windows 10 64bit. I used DDU, deactivated my anti virus(Windows defender) and deactivated my ethernet adapter. But the problem is, that

the important things like Display drivers, Amd Radeon settings aren't showing up in the Installers' menu, and won't install. I got an Xfx radeon hd 7850 Double dissipation.

I also reset Windows 10 and tried it.

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for taking the time to read this !

• Re: Amd crimson 15.12/16.2 won't install
          amdmatt

Please try the following.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable. Don't panic if they are not able to be repaired, continue with the steps below. If the steps below don't resolve the issue, then it's time for a fresh Windows installation.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

Try installing Crimson 16.2 driver instead? Available here.