1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 10:24 AM by iainob1

Clock fluctuations happening in 15.7.1 also when crossfire is disabled. r9 295x2

iainob1

Even in the Pre Crimson drivers including 15.7.1 the core clocks fluctuate and drop down to as low as 300 MHz in games when crossfire is disabled. Causing low fps

I always install my drivers properly using amd uninstaller and ddu in safemode.

Since windows 10 all of the available amd drivers for my r9 295x2 have caused issues with clocks dropping and not being stable at full.

The only stay at full when you have crossfire as default.

• Re: Clock fluctuations happening in 15.7.1 also when crossfire is disabled. r9 295x2
          iainob1

The program clock blocker stops the clocks from dropping in the drivers when crossfire is disabled.

It works with 15.11.1 too.

The fluctuating clocks was and is present before the Crimson drivers. So the devs need to also look at earlier drivers to see why it is doing it and not just in Crimson. Windows 10 drivers are rendering great graphics cards useless. No graphics card should be dropping the clocks when gaming especially with v-sync off and also when having crossfire disabled.