8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 7:30 AM by riddle

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition

riddle

Вечер добрый , английским владею , но слабо, при надобности переведу по возможности переводчиком , спасибо за понимание . Если тема дублированная то извиняюсь в силу плохого знания английского , я честно искал свою тему , но не нашёл .

Сам вопрос: я являюсь владельцем процессора  AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition , в силу того что этот процессор у меня уже больше пяти лет ,меня очень интересует какой именно термоинтерфейс у этого процессора непосредственно между кристаллом и тепло распределительной крышкой , там тепло проводящая паста или какой нибудь припой , хочется знать чтобы предупредить деградацию термоинтерфейса и при надобности по незнанию не городить на процессор охлаждение размером с холодильник. И ещё просьба , возможно наглая но всё же , хотелось бы услышать ответ от людей которые точно знают ответ , во избежание путаницы при дальнейшей возможной диагностике проблем компьютера.Спасибо за понимание , жду ответов.

• Re: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
          Hardwood

Good evening, speak English, but weakly, if necessary translate translator possible, thank you for your understanding. If the theme is dubbed sorry because of poor knowledge of English, I honestly was looking for a theme, but did not find.
          The very question: I am the owner of the processor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition, due to the fact that this processor I have more than five years, I was very interested in what kind of thermal interface this processor directly between the chip and the heat distribution cover, there is heat conductive paste or some sort of solder, it would be desirable to know in order to prevent the degradation of the thermal interface, and if necessary, through ignorance is not a city on the processor cooling-sized refrigerator. And another request may blatant but still, I would like to hear the answer from the people who know the answer, to avoid confusion with a possible further diagnose problems kompyutera.Spasibo for understanding, waiting for answers.

You can buy thermal paste at most computer stores. Arctic silver was always popular. If you're removing the Cooler it's easy to clean with rubbing alcohol.

Google translate didn't help much with the last part of your message, sorry if there's more answers needed.

riddle

a short version of the question --> how the heat is transferred inside the processor Phenom II X6 1100T ? directly from the chip to the heat-spreading lid ,there thermally conductive paste or solder ? I want to avoid the degradation of the heat transfer inside the processor.

tomtalk24

Soldered to the cap. Try taking it off and you'll split the die in half, looks cool (result of using Liquid Metal).

The cap is plated copper, I should stress I have machined my CPU cap down to copper with little effect using a solid copper water block. Liquid Metal may be of help if you want extreme conductivity buy the heat sink and CPU will become one. And again the improvement of heat transfer isn't good enough for the hassle.

There are some resources online for calculating heat transfer using conductivity, area and thickness. May be of help.

riddle

Soldered to the cover? you mean within the processor? I was looking for information that is not found, the information is reliable? scalping extreme measure (tag added to attract skilled people :))? I just lined cover CPU, too, it has been strongly concave at the factory, and if in the solder, we can not even look back over 10 years, and we need to deal with oxidized polished lid, just want to know the processor reliability, so he did not have diseases like from Intel, since it will accelerate in the future.

tomtalk24

I think AMD have been soldering caps since Athlon x2, not 100% sure as haven't looked into opening one. I know Intel still use poor thermal paste that is always replaced by enthusiasts.

I wanted to confirm if there are any benefits from removing the cap or leaving it on using Occt on a FX6100 I have laying about. Removed the soldered cap using my range in the kitchen. Solder will melt at 180oc. Yet to fully clear solder off of the die itself but will be interesting to see what effect the cap may have. 2mm thick cap, layers of different metals, thick layer of solder.

It would seem the Phenom II x6 is soldered on as well... Heat Spreader beim AMD Phenom II X6 1075T entfernen - YouTube (done inconsistently by a head banger).

Calculating heat transfer through materials... Thermodynamics Heat Transfer

I guess as they make the caps nothing like with the precision of optical lenses for instance, they should always have imperfections. But if its visible like with your CPU then it should have been sent back.

If your concern is only about the concave on the cap, and how well it will perform with heat dissipation under load. The simplest bet would be to wet sand the cap on a perfectly flat surface. The same as people do with heat sinks and water blocks as they are almost always uneven. You have 2mm of metal to get through before you come close to the CPU die.

Maybe confirm how it performs at stock while monitoring the temps. If its hitting its maximum heat working level with a good cooler than fixing the CPU cap may be a good idea.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    techguy

There really isn't any practical means to improve the heat transfer to the CPU lid. Some Intel CPUs suffered hot running because Intel used a less desirable TIM to transfer heat to the lid. AMD processors doesn't suffer this issue. Some folks in the past have removed the CPU lid and mounted a HSF directly on top of the processor. This is VERY RISKY practice and usually ends up damaging the CPU, so it's not recommended by me. Your Phenom II X6 1100T black edition should outlive it's usefulness with normal CPU cooling.

riddle

And thanks to everyone else