I recently built a new PC with a XFX Fury Triple dissipation and an Acer XR341ck display, I am running W10 64b and 16GB memory.
When using freesync in games, I notice that the top inch of the screen flickers when the refresh rate varies a lot. It flickers the most when the framerate 'hits' the 75hz limit of the monitor.
- Using clockblocker does not solve this problem.
- Vsync on/off does not matter.
- Experienced this problem with 15.7, 15.11 and 16.1.1 hotfix drivers.
- I am using Accell 2m UltraAV DP 1.2 cable - does not help.
- Problem also exists when I use the Acer packaged DP cable.
Currently I try to minimize the problem by setting the maximum refresh rate setting of the 15.7 drivers to 70FPS. Then the problem seems to be less, although it also happens when the refresh rate varies a lot in the lower parts of the spectrum (30-45Hz).
I play Arma 3, Battlefield 4 and FSX and they all have this problem.
Is this a driver related issue or is my monitor defect?