10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 4:24 AM by amdmatt

Fury X can't seem to boot up?

kgston@hotmail.com

Just started my new PC build with a powercolour Fury X. Tried booting up the PC, but there is no video output.

Basically, when I hit the power button, everything powers up, all the fans spins normally. The GPU load meter (LED strip on top of the PCI-E power plugs) briefly flashes (for a second or two) then goes off and the GPU fan starts spinning at max speed. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get a few seconds of display where I see the BIOS splash screen, but often, nothing appears. I have tested with both DP and HDMI cables.

I don't have a spare graphics card to test with, but I would like to know if this is a graphics card defect (component defect, hence unable to initialize) or a power supply defect (unable to supply the required wattage due to a fault)

I've tried with the onboard graphics, and the rest of the system works fine and I can boot into BIOS stably. Here are my system specs:

Intel 6600K

Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7

Crucial DDR4 16GB x 4

Powercolour Fury X

Seasonic 1050W Snow Silent PSU

Samsung 2TB 850 EVO SSD

**UPDATE

After much fiddling and adjusting the card on the board, the card finally booted, seemed like a PCI connection issue?? But it is far from perfect.... While in windows, there is a tendency for the system to just turn off by itself. A single session usually lasts about 10 minutes. If I try to start it up again, it usually shuts down at the windows 10 login screen. I noticed it is usually when the GPU load meter goes from full to min during the transition from the BIOS to windows. Occasionally, instead of just cutting the power, the above described symptom happens (the systems just crashes with no video and the GPU fan at max). I have updated to the latest BIOS and graphics driver to no avail. However, it works totally fine on the onboard GPU.