2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 2:37 PM by harbinger-one

Star Citizen Crossfire Performance

harbinger-one

So I've been playing around with a few different crossfire profiles with Star Citizen trying to get the best performance and so far 'AFR Friendly' gives the best frame-rate by far but has horrible flickering (seems like 2-3 times a second a frame will be completely black). It would be perfect if just not for the flickering but Im not sure if its a problem with my GPUs or if it affects everyone. Im playing at 2560x1440 with very high settings and with AFR Friendly I get 50-75FPS, 30-45FPS on single GPU and with Optimize 1x1 (with slightly worse frametimes too).

Specs:

i7 4790k

ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97

G.skill Trident-X 2400 16GB (2x8GB)

2x Powercolor R9 390

Soundblaster ZxR

Samsung 850 Evo

EVGA Supernova P2 1200W

• Re: Star Citizen Crossfire Performance
          amdmatt

Star Citizen has not been released yet, so it does not have a CrossFire profile.

Have you tried using the Crysis 3 profile?

• Re: Star Citizen Crossfire Performance
              harbinger-one

I have actually, and monitoring software shows no activity from 2nd GPU when Crysis 3 profile is selected (honestly, its barely even CryEngine anymore its so heavily modified).

The Crossfire "Modes" do actually work, but only AFR Friendly gives better performance over single GPU but as mentioned in OP, it causes the "black frame" issue. Im trying to find out if it is a defect with my 2nd GPU, which I think it might be because I just tried the SteamVR Performance Test and the right-eye screen is having some graphical issues that appear to be linked directly to the GPU usage. I say this because GPU1 (rendering left-eye screen) is at a consistent 100% with no graphic errors while GPU2 usage drops frequently and coincides with the graphic errors im seeing (not quite like artifacting but not too different either).

Edit: Uploaded a short video of the SteamVR test issue

SteamVR graphics issue (R9 390 Xfire) - YouTube