Which one you currently using? I guess alot of people have problems with latest crimson drivers including me.
Though i own desktop pc i reverted now to 15.7.1 catalyst which seems stable.
A laptop has different issues than a desktop...namely switchable graphics. Do you have Intel/AMD graphics or AMD/AMD graphics? What is your Intel graphics version?..or what is your AMD processor?
My "AMD AutoDetect" displays:
1. Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7290 Graphics
2. Processor: AMD C-70 APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics
3. System: Windows 10 64-bit
*4."You can not find a driver for this system. Not Detected supported
hardware AMD" *
You must use the drivers from Microsoft...not AMD.
The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:
- AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
- AMD E2-2000 APU
- AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
- AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
- AMD C-Series APUs
- AMD Z-Series APUs
NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver. If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu
- Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
- Reboot the system
- Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.