4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2016 4:26 AM by amdmatt

driver version windows 7 sp1 problem

thy4n1

I have win 7 64bit sp 1 and hd 7850.. the problem is my new games need driver latest update... im using old amd catalyst 13.1 and first time using this amd vga.. i dont understand the driver can not be open and it said the version of this not compatible bla bla bla... i already choose the correct installer windows 7 64bit but its not want open and said same...  its frustating... thank you for help...

• Re: driver version windows 7 sp1 problem
          amdmatt

Please try the following to troubleshoot your issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable. Don't panic if they are not able to be repaired, continue with the steps below. If the steps below don't resolve the issue, then it's time for a fresh Windows installation.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use the Windows Install/Uninstall repair tool. This can repair problems with the Windows Installer service and could be a reason for this error.

5. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

6. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.2 drivers once the above is completed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            kingfish

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

And after a re-boot, go back and check for more..

thy4n1

Thank you for help!

EDIT: Im tryng all step but it didnt work. i download at here Desktop  but it wont open. then i find the working driver in guru3d its work. its weird. please help this. maybe next week i will buy new r9 390. so please fix this i hope for the next future my vga wont have driver issue.. thank you.