2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 12:59 PM by vulcanspellmaster

XFX 7870 Screen Flicker Issue

vulcanspellmaster

HI, I've just upgraded my GPU from a Sapphire 4890 to an XFX 7870 (Tahiti variant) and obviously downloaded and installed the new drivers (15.12) and then the 16.1 hotfix but I'm having a screen flickering problem at desktop. In demanding games like Arkham Origins or in Benchmarks like 3DMark the screen is perfectly clear. Even when I have a YouTube video running the screen is clear but running Minecraft or Diablo 2 in window mode has really made screen distortion. Also the screen itself is slightly wrapping around so that what should be at the very bottom is actually at the top. Is there a way of forcing the drivers to always work at higher clock speeds? Which drivers would have shipped with the 7870 that may solve this problem?

• Re: XFX 7870 Screen Flicker Issue
          amdmatt

You can try Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta here or Catalyst 15.7.1 WHQL here. Neither driver should have clock fluctuation under 3D load.

• Re: XFX 7870 Screen Flicker Issue
              vulcanspellmaster

Hi, thanks for your interest. It's actually not under 3D load that I'm getting the issue, if I'm playing any sort of demanding game or even watching a video it is absolutely perfect but when the core clock drops down to 300Mhz, that's when I get flickering of certain area of the screen, especially when moving the mouse! I uninstalled 15.12/16.1 last night & ran DDU driver remover in safe mode, despite going all the way through the install procedure, after the requested reboot catalyst control centre hadn't started, it wasn't available anywhere & none of my games or benchmarks would recognise the card!