4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 7:55 AM by ray_m

ATI mobility radeon X1600

jazzbrat

ATI mobility radeon X1600 inside a Toshiba Satellite A 100-683.

I just had an upgrade from Windows Xp to Windows 7. Later, while trying to set the screen resolution, I realized I could only choose between 1024x768 or 800x600, though before upgrading I could set also the much better 1280x800 resolution (maximum display resolution).

I have tried to install the ATI mob. rad. + Nvidia display drivers which can be downloaded from Toshiba's web site, as suggested for Satellite A100-683 + windows 7, but they don't seem to work.

Infact the pc still shows only a standard VGA and a quite poor display resolution. Any help please? Thank you in advance.

• Re: ATI mobility radeon X1600
          ray_m

Unfortunately, Toshiba laptops cannot use ATI drivers. You will need to contact Toshiba for support with this issue.

jazzbrat

Thank you. Toshiba web site matches the model + operating system of the notebook with the 2 drivers I wrote about (which can be downloaded too), so you expect they work, but they don't. Quite strange indeed.

I have been trying to get in touch with Toshiba, but there's no way to contact them, apart from writing new posts on their forum (but it is not exactly the same, of course...in fact I had no reply at all).

Any advice about how to get in touch with them please? Thanks.

jazzbrat

Thank you. Toshiba web site matches the model + operating system of the notebook with the 2 drivers I wrote about (which can be downloaded too), so you expect they work, but they don't. Quite strange indeed.

I have been trying to get in touch with Toshiba, but there's no way to contact them, apart from writing new posts on their forum (but it is not exactly the same, of course...in fact I had no reply at all).

Any advice about how to get in touch with them please? Thanks.