0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 6:08 AM by rumpelstiltskin

Crimson Not So Great . . . and please bring back Accelerated Video Transcoding

rumpelstiltskin

I see a ton of people not so impressed with what seems like an extremely bulky platform - being called lightweight and friendly?

Why in the world make a much more confusing, "dual" platform, with what is basically the old (and now limited) platform, buried behind another which is not user friendly in any way.

Since installing this supposedly better software, I already had a crash of the driver when I inadvertently changed the resolution to an unsupported rez. (yes, my mistake.)  Fortunately I was able to boot to a copied drive, uninstall the other drives' AMD components - thus, forcing windows to load it's own display driver upon reboot to primary hard drive with Crimson's failed recovery. That allowed the display to function while I manually removed the rest of the Crimson package from the registry, then reinstalled it.

Needless to say, a novice computer operator would have been totally lost and without a system. Apparently there's a glitch in the auto "revert in such and such seconds" in case the display becomes corrupted/unreadable?

But aside from that, a great many of us liked the accelerated transcoding feature, especially those of us using video encoders like Nero who designed their products to "specifically" work with AMD's accelerated driver?

Nero's versions still have it listed but when you attempt to use it - it tells you "please download AMD's accelerated media codec before using this feature?"
      Nonetheless, I see some people seem to like this double layered, and limited platform, so I suppose it's just another one of those matters where those who appreciated things of old are left to "deal with it. . . . ?"

Yes I know I can go back to one of the 14 versions, but I was hoping eventually you'd fix the unnecessary, screaming fans on my Radeon HD 7850 when high-er digital video is played or encoded?

Not sure it'll matter, but here's a bit on the system this occurred.

Component Base score                                                      7.3

Intel Model DP43BF Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz          7.3

Memory RAM 8.00 GB                                                      7.3
      Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series                     7.9
      Total available graphics memory 5882 GB                       7.9
      Primary hard disk                                         7.7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

System Processor cores - 4

-----------------------------------

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 3241 GB

Disk  (C:)  223 GB, Disk  (D:)  223 GB, Disk  (G:) 1863 GB, Disk  (H:) 931 GB

Graphics  

Display adapter driver version 15.300.1025.1001

Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080

Could you please at least respond to the many of us asking about where the accelerated transcoding went, and if and when it's coming back?

Thank you very much. . .