9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2016 3:46 PM by kingfish

MOM Implementation error

pacrabtree

Hi

MY Pc had been working fine on Windows 10 until about a week ago when  Windows update forced a restart. Ever since then I get a "MOM Implementation error". The computer continues to load but is very slow and some of the basic functions dont work, which includes being unable to switch it off correctly.

Has anyone, especially AMD got a fix for this yet -  must need a driver update I guess, but the utility says that the drivers are up to date

using a AMD radeon HD5500

Hope someone can help

thanks

• Re: MOM Implementation error
          kingfish

Someone might be able to help if you furnish the information asked for. All you have shared is HD5500.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

pacrabtree

Hi

Sorry many of the detailed bits of information are unknown as I cant access much of my PC at the moment due to the error..

Windows 10

PC was specially made and has no name

I really cant add any further details, sorry.

amdmatt

If you can get into Windows, i would try performing a Reset or Refresh of Windows 10. If you are unable to do that, you may need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. Once you have your system back under control you can update to the latest AMD driver available for your graphics card here.

pacrabtree

Hi

Thanks for the advice.

I dont really want to reset windows, looks like I would loose quite alot of programmes and apps etc which would take all weekend to reset

Would using the new crimson edition help me ?

tks

amdmatt

It's difficult to say with the information provided, however you may try the following suggestions.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here . What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable. Don't panic if they are not able to be repaired, continue with the steps below. If the steps below don't resolve the issue, then it's time for a fresh Windows installation.

2. Make sure you have has installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers! You may have to restart your system and check again for updates several times.

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers. As the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility has not resolved the issue, we should try something more thorough such as DDU.

5. Attempt to install the latest Crimson drivers once the above is completed.

pacrabtree

OK -  this is my best effort for describing my computer. Please note I am not an expert, I have had no training, computers hadnt  been invented when I was at school, well they didnt have any in the school I went to !!

Purpose Built Windows PC by CCL Computers

Windows 10 64 Bit version 1511

Graphics Card Radeon 5500 -  drivers not known, but AMD says it has the latest one installed.

Display Device - Philips 1920x1080 60HZ

HDMI

Motherboard model, not known

Processor Intel I3 540 @ 3/07GHZ

Thats about all I can say.

Windows was working fine until about 2 weeks ago, once Windows 10 did a weekly update and restart it started with this MOM issue. Computer became very slow. File Folder tab at bottom of screen didnt function, several icons lost at foot of screen. Main home or windows button stopped working and I was unable to do a re-start without pressing and holding the on/0ff button on my tower. Since then I tried to uninstall the last few windows updates, this has helped and PC is working better, but the MOM error message is still there at boot up. PC lasts about 3 or 4 days Max before it stops and needs a reboot. PC is left running 24hrs a day as it operates a weather station etc.

Many thanks

Paul