Doing performance evaluation of an OpenCL application that I tried to underclock my GPU,
only to realise that the clocks are not respected ONLY when I am running OpenCL1.1 applications and ONLY when I am setting the values lower than the default clocks.
On the other hand underclocking is working as it should when I am doing any kind of rendering.
I can say that the clocks are not respected for OCL apps because of the facts
- Clock Monitoring Tools (Crimson, GPU-Z, etc...) showing that "current clock value" is always bigger than the maximum target value that I've set
- Actual performance of the app doesn't decrease even if I set the clocks to minimum possible
The problem looks very consistent, with every possible combination that I could try.
- OS: Windows 8.1, Ubuntu 14.04
- GPUs: 370, 380X, 290X
- Tried to set the clocks with: AMD Crimson, aticonfig, ADL SDK
- Always using the latest drivers for each OS
Could you suggest any workaround?