7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 3:03 PM by kingfish

AMD Radeon HD 8570D Vulkan compatible driver

ttr

Hi

I want to test out Vulkan SDK however I seem to have run into the problem of not having a working driver for my graphics card. I'm using: Radeon HD 8570D driver version: 15.301.1801.1001. According to all the references that I've been able to find this card IS compatible with the VulkanSDK however this doesn't seem to be the case.

The driver installer that I've downloaded and attempted to install is here: support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Vulkan-Beta.aspx but during the installation there were no components and no reference to an update for my graphics card driver itself. Before it's asked, I have done this on a system where all ATI drivers were removed using DDU. I've manually tried to update the graphics card driver using: Windows' Device Manager -> Specify driver directory to update. This installs the version "16.1..." driver inside Device Manager BUT afterwards Crimson and CCC both don't recognise my graphics card. Therefore I had to revert back to driver version 15.301.1801.1001.

Is my driver unlucky and I won't be able to use the VulkanSDK or is a working driver still in the works? I know that the VulkanSDK was only recently released and the driver installer says "Beta" but I've had the bad experience of certain AMD cards being neglected and forgotten before.

• Re: AMD Radeon HD 8570D Vulkan compatible driver
          kingfish

Is this a laptop?

Is this a APU?

What OS?

I'm not certain that your APU is supported:

AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
          DesktopMobile
          AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 GraphicsAMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics
          AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R6 GraphicsAMD FX-8800P APUs with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics
          AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 GraphicsAMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics
          AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4 Graphics
              ttr

I'm using a Desktop computer with this processor and graphics card: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 8570D as listed below. I'm using Win10 x64.

AMD Product Compatibility

The AMD Radeon™ Software Beta for Vulkan™ is compatible with the following AMD products.

AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility
              AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series GraphicsAMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics
              AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series GraphicsAMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics
              AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series GraphicsAMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics
              AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series GraphicsAMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics

It's listed on the second column.

kingfish

So, you have a APU that does not support it and a graphics driver that does. I'm no APU expert, but I would think you would have to disable the IGP and set the 8570 as Primary in the bios if this was somehow to work.

kingfish

Even if the above step works for you, take measures to ensure Windows10 doesn't change it. This is assuming you are using the latest Win10 Public release and not a beta.

ttr

I'm using the latest Win10 public release, nothing special about it.

Can you point out where it says that my CPU/APU is not compatible? As far as I can tell A8-6600K is part of the A-Series APUs (http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/processors/desktop/a-series-apu ). The APU and graphics card come together so there should not be any incompatibility whatsover.

I've had a look at the BIOS settings too and there doesn't seem to be anything else that I can configure. I don't have any other graphics cards in the PC that it would otherwise be using.

As far as I can tell there's nothing else I can try on my end of things. I think it's up to AMD now. I assume that if there is a developer here they can contact me, I'd be happy to provide any extra information that I haven't already to make this work.

Thanks for trying.

kingfish

If you are having a problem with your graphics card or a particular game...Please report it to AMD. Keep in mind that the more reports sent to the Catalyst engineers, the more attention paid. This is the only way things get fixed. Note that all issues must be reproducible (this is why specific information is required), and submitting a "Issue Report" is not a invitation to a dialog with AMD. Don't expect a reply. Just report it and encourage others to do the same.

www.amd.com/report

Email Form

amdmatt

What are your full system specs?