2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2016 1:03 AM by kingfish

AMD 7610M on Toshiba Satellite C850 i5 Windows 8.1

boobsby

I updated my toshiba satellite c850 with AMD 7610M intel core i5 to windows 8.1 then now I cannot open my catalyst control center. Please help.

• Re: AMD 7610M on Toshiba Satellite C850 i5 Windows 8.1
          amdmatt

Download and Install Windows Netframework.

Update Windows.

Download and run DDU. Follow the prompt into safe mode and click Clean and Restart.

Install the Crimson 16.1.1 legacy drivers.

Has that resolved the issue?

• Re: AMD 7610M on Toshiba Satellite C850 i5 Windows 8.1
            kingfish

There are 24 different versions of Satellite C850's.....look in device manager and tell us what version of Intel graphics you have.

If you have not Fully updated your computer from Windows Update...don't waste your time trying to install graphics drivers. This means the relevant 'optional' and 'recommended' updates like .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. Then..........

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel. Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.

Laptops Installing drivers on switchable Intel + AMD graphics

1 of 1 people found this helpful