2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 10:57 AM by ascian

Firepro M5950 Driver Support on Elitebook 8760W 64bit Windows 10

ascian

I have recently needed to fresh reinstall windows 10 same edition(Professional) on my computer. I can get it to boot(sometimes) with "windows basic display drivers". When I try to update the driver via device manager it may or not hang in black screen indefinitely, or not correctly update.

If I try manually downloading drivers from the website with both firepro-unified retail drivers and/or from the Elitebook's official page at the "Drivers+Downloads" center, results will be similar, including it launching Catalyst Install Manager and saying detection failure or install package failure.

This will sometimes cause my computer upon reboot (after hanging indefinitely) to also freeze right after windows 10 logo.

I have tried restoring and re-installing, clean installs and reinstalls of different driver version.

Help please. And thank you in advance for any helpful responses.

• Re: Firepro M5950 Driver Support on Elitebook 8760W 64bit Windows 10
          amdmatt

We'd like to help you but we really need more information.

• Re: Firepro M5950 Driver Support on Elitebook 8760W 64bit Windows 10
              ascian

Its... a fresh install on a 64 bit windows 10 pro system; so there is NO driver installed, its all in the title. I factory reset the computer. The laptop specs are all in the model. I cannot get manual drivers to install and it is annoying to stop windows 10 from automatically attempting to install drivers, when it does it also fails. Besides "firepro-unified retail drivers" and the drivers on the official Firepro M5950 page on AMD, what can I use to get some drivers on my system without it crashing, black screening, or going into a boot-up limbo.

• Intel Core i5-2540M processor
              • AMD FirePro M5950 with 1GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory
              • 17.3-inch diagonal LED-backlit FHD WVA anti-glare (1920 x 1080 resolution)
              • 8gb DDR3 PC3-10600 SDRAM (1333 MHz)

The computer that I(and many others) were previously using the same setup(a school laptop). It is compatible for the most part.