I spent some time browsing for answers regarding my problem, and although I found several similar cases in the past (but not the same) I never found an answer to it. I have this problem for over a year or so (it started after I went from Nvidia graphics to AMD) but since I can't find the solution I decided to register and ask here.
The problem is as follows.
- When I use a Liquify option on an image, two things happen.
1) I get concentric circles around my brush -> http://i.imgur.com/wOZqBVU.png
2) sometimes I get color distorted artifacts on the parts that might have gradient fading (alpha)
Some things to note:
1) When I use Liquify with pressing the "Alt key" which uses CPU only (bypassing GPU) I get normal results -> http://i.imgur.com/qLfhXf2.png
2) I used to have an integrated Nvidia and I had no problems with it what so ever, so I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue (speaking for the rest of the config, not GPU)
3) This occurs no matter what graphic settings I use in Performance settings as long as the use of GPU is enabled -> http://i.imgur.com/yP8PPRB.png (all fancy stuff turned off)
4) This is the list of drivers I had at some point so far -> http://i.imgur.com/ybpxQU0.png
I hoped this would change with this new Crimson stuff but ofc it didn't. I'm getting really annoyed and thinking of dropping Radeon altogether. I had it 10 years ago and had problems with it. I have it again, and I'm having problems with it again.