6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 1:13 PM by tomtalk24

What modern GPus would be compatible with a motherboard that fits a HD 7500 series?

proxiy

Title

• Re: What modern GPus would be compatible with a motherboard that fits a HD 7500 series?
          tomtalk24

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION Because the answer to your question is quite literally any PCIe GPU ever made. This isnt Lego.

• Re: What modern GPus would be compatible with a motherboard that fits a HD 7500 series?
              proxiy

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                • Make and model; Radeon HD 7500, if you need more detail on this idk because have looked everywhere the internet has told me and cant find the exact model. even the card doesnt say what it is.
              • Desktop or Laptop System
                • Dell XPS 8700 from 2013
              • Operating System
                • Windows 10 64bit
              • Driver version installed
                • Which driver? there are alot.
              • Display Devices
                • ACER 1080p H: 68 hz  V:
              • Motherboard
                • I dont know its a dell in house motherboard
                • it has 4 RAM slot
                • 1 "PCIe" slot
              • CPU/APU
                • i5 4430 3.0 GHz
              • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                • Dell 460W
              • RAM
                • 8 GB

Describe your issue:

• What cards can i fit into this computer

"Because the answer to your question is quite literally any PCIe GPU ever made. This isnt Lego.

Hmm interesting...really...very intereting.  You like legos? I stopped liking legos when i was 12.

tomtalk24

Now now....

So we have a pre fab system, so your choices are very limited due to the PSU. When Dell design their PCs they build them to a number, whats needed and nothing more. We can point you in the direction of replacing the GPU with one more or less identical in performance but supported, or an upgrade....

To replace, you should be able to use an R7 250/260. This will be about on par with your current GPU. No need to replace the power supply as they tent to use the power from the mobo. They use around 80 watts. £60/80

To upgrade, you will need to replace your PSU with something in the 600 watt range, and make sure it had 1 or ideal 2 PCIe power cables. The R7 360 would be a good choice, not blistering fast but plenty for lowmid/mid range performance. These tent to use 1 PCIe power cable. 120 watts. £100/120

If your looking for good performance with your new PSU, the R9 380 is ideal. Not ultra settings etc, but high. These use 2 PCIe power cables, and consume about 200 watts. £150/170. This will be the strongest GPU to complement your system. Any more powerful and we will start to see other system components bottlenecking your GPU.

When you go and buy your GPU, you'll need to confirm the specs and requirements are about the same as I have listed. Each GPU model is about the same, but each manufacture is different and some may add or remove things like external power.

Hope this helps.