4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 10:10 AM by anincognitootter

R7 370 OpenGL slow

anincognitootter

Hello, I just got an R7 370 and noticed I have a terrible jittering problem in games using opengl, specifically minecraft and runescape.  The fps counter in minecraft shows around 60-80 fps but there is a lot of skipping visually and my input is noticeably delayed in both games, the optifine lagometer in minecraft is constantly showing large light blue spikes.  I am using the 16.1.1 crimson drivers and a fresh install of windows 10. Both games ran fine with my significantly older GTX275 with my current setup, averaging around 250fps in minecraft.  The cpu is an fx-6350 and I have 8GB of ram. I have tested several direct x games and all work flawlessly.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this are appreciated.

EDIT:Alright I've done some poking around a bit and it seems like there are some problems in the OpenGL Extensions Viewer program, most notably this error.

"No ICD registry entry

The current OpenGL driver doesn't expose the SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows (NT)/CurrentVersion/OpenGLDrivers registry entry. Unable to detect the driver version, driver revision name and filename."

After checking my registry I can confirm there are no values under the OpenGLDrivers key.

I poked around a bit on the internet with related errors and haven't figured out how to fix it, but it seems the problem is the games are falling back to software rendering which explains the terrible framerate/choppyness.

This was also in the extensions viewer program but may or may not be related as well.

Extension verification:

GL_EXT_color_subtable was not found, but has the entry point glColorSubTableEXT

GL_EXT_paletted_texture was not found, but has the entry point glColorTableEXT

GL_EXT_paletted_texture was not found, but has the entry point glGetColorTableEXT

GL_EXT_paletted_texture was not found, but has the entry point glGetColorTableParameterfvEXT

GL_EXT_paletted_texture was not found, but has the entry point glGetColorTableParameterivEXT

GL_ARB_compatibility was not found, but is available in driver version 15.300.1025.0

EDIT2:Just ran TessMark and FurMark, both are opengl benchmarking programs to test opengl 2 3 and 4.Got a FurMark score of around 3700 in the 720p preset and in TessMark I get a solid 500FPS+ in the default settings, so everything seems works perfectly fine in them but the problem still persists in games, will continue to experiment with this more.