I'm playing Elite Dangerous (ED) and I have a FPS drop during supercruise mode (a famous issue). To solve it I've installed latest display driver 16.1.1 and since that point every time I play ED I get BSOD, driver crash reports, visual artifacts, incorrect colours and other defects. I didn't faced similar problems otherwise else and even with ED they appears after some time of playing.
My desktop PC:
Display Dell 1920x1200 @60Hz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme6/TB4 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme6TB4/
CPU Intel core i7-2600
PSU 600W 80+ bronze
RAM 8 GB
Windows 10 64 bit
What I did before post this:
1. Install previous version of the driver. Yes it helps, but FPS drop during supercruise come back.
2. Used DDU to make a fresh installation of 16.1.1. Yes I turn off my internet connection during the process.
3. Checked GPU temperature - it always below 60 C.
4. Tried to change game graphics setting to lower - no effect.
5. Changed GPU core clock up and down also adjusting voltage - no effect. Same for GPU memory.
6. Install latest Windows updates.
Currently I'm using 15.11.1 beta driver and playing with FPS drops. So I wonder if the problem affects only Windows 10, is there a way to fix the FPS drop configuring Windows options? A way to fix stability with 16.1.1 will be also good.
BSOD comes with message FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
Driver crash reports contain: "amdkmdap videodriver didn't respond and was successfuly restored", event summary below:
[ Name] Display
[ Qualifiers] 0
[ SystemTime] 2016-02-16T23:20:36.000000000Z
Also I've attached a sample of graphical artifacts
359320_2016-02-16_00008.png 2.6 MB