1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 7:09 AM by denzildexter

16.1.1 stability problems in Elite Dangerous

anemyte

Hi

I'm playing Elite Dangerous (ED) and I have a FPS drop during supercruise mode (a famous issue). To solve it I've installed latest display driver 16.1.1 and since that point every time I play ED I get BSOD, driver crash reports, visual artifacts, incorrect colours and other defects. I didn't faced similar problems otherwise else and even with ED they appears after some time of playing.

My desktop PC:

GPU MSI HD7870 https://eu.msi.com/product/graphics-card/R7870_Twin_Frozr_2GD5OC.html#hero-overview

Display Dell 1920x1200 @60Hz

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme6/TB4 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme6TB4/

CPU Intel core i7-2600

PSU 600W 80+ bronze

RAM 8 GB

Windows 10 64 bit

What I did before post this:

1. Install previous version of the driver. Yes it helps, but FPS drop during supercruise come back.

2. Used DDU to make a fresh installation of 16.1.1. Yes I turn off my internet connection during the process.

3. Checked GPU temperature - it always below 60 C.

4. Tried to change game graphics setting to lower - no effect.

5. Changed GPU core clock up and down also adjusting voltage - no effect. Same for GPU memory.

6. Install latest Windows updates.

Currently I'm using 15.11.1 beta driver and playing with FPS drops. So I wonder if the problem affects only Windows 10, is there a way to fix the FPS drop configuring Windows options? A way to fix stability with 16.1.1 will be also good.

Errors details:

BSOD comes with message FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

Driver crash reports contain: "amdkmdap videodriver didn't respond and was successfuly restored", event summary below:

[ Name]          Display

EventID           4101

[ Qualifiers]    0

Level               3

Task                 0

Keywords       0x80000000000000

[ SystemTime]      2016-02-16T23:20:36.000000000Z

EventRecordID     13877

EventData      amdkmdap

Also I've attached a sample of graphical artifacts

• Re: 16.1.1 stability problems in Elite Dangerous
          denzildexter

I have similar problems, R9 270x on Windows 10 64 bit.  The 16.1.x and 16.2.x drivers fix the supercruise problem but the driver just isn't stable.  I have repeated 'the AMD Graphics driver has stopped responding' or 'Failed to lock Direct 3D file .... ".  Occasionally the PC simply crashes.

I don't see any of these problems if I use the 14.12 Omega Drivers.

It's frustrating.

DD