- What is the DisplayPort setting of the monitor? Set to 1.1 or 1.2? Make sure it is set to 1.2.
- What is your OS?
- Which driver did you install?
- Make and model of your monitors?
- Original DP cables came with monitors?
- No adapters?
- How long are the cables?
1. Monitor is DisplayPort 1.2 There is no setting to change it.
2. Windows 7 Service pack 1
4 Dell P2415Q
5 Tired original DP to mDP cables that came with monitors, then bought DP to DP cables to try them, still same issue.6 No adapters. Did try using DP to DVI adapters, same issue.
7 Six feet.
Thanks for your help!
- Where are you connecting the second monitor? Directly to W7100 or to the primary monitor?
- What do you mean by "Try using DP to DVI adapter same issue"? Your monitor does not even have a DVI input.
1. I have tried connecting directly to the W7100 and to the primary monitor. Either way, it hangs during boot up.
2. I tried a DP to dvi adapter to a dvi cable to a dvi to DP adapter just to try. It didn't work either.
- #2 will not work. You cannot convert digital signal to DP signal.
- As to #1, you need to check the monitor settings http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_Display/dell-p2415q-monitor_User%27s%20Gu…
- 2x 4K monitors are fully supported by W7100 using DP 1.2 HBR2