2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 12:38 PM by tlo

HP ZBook G2 i7 not utilizing the FirePro M4150

tlo

Ddefaulting to the Intel HD Graphics 5500.  I have installed the latest AMD drivers from the HP website, how do I get the FirePro to be the dominant card.

• Re: HP ZBook G2 i7 not utilizing the FirePro M4150
          amdmatt

n Catalyst Control Center, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

• Re: HP ZBook G2 i7 not utilizing the FirePro M4150
              tlo

I tried what you suggested with no luck.  I ran the application that I added and checked the Switchable applications monitor and it didn't show up.

A few things, I'm not trying to run any 3D applications, just trying to get my monitors color calibrated with my colorometer and software so I can accurately edit my photos.  The FirePro in conjunction with the calibration software should take control of all the display settings (ADC) which my monitor also supports and that isn't happening.  CCC doesn't even recognize my connected digital flat panel that is connected with a display port cable. 

I also tried disabling the Intel HD Graphics and kicked everything in VGA.