4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 7:09 AM by mimigu98765

My laptop doesn't read my graphics card (AMD R7 M265).

mimigu98765

I found two graphics in my device manager which are R7 Graphics and AMD R7 M265. I checked dxdiag and only found R7 Graphics, I tried to disable R7 Graphics in my Device Manager and checked dxdiag again and I saw Microsoft basic display adapter. I uninstalled my drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstalled the driver (Radeon Crimson 15.12 Win8.1 x64).

and checked dxdiag again. It just go back to R7 Graphics. Any help please? I want to play games like CS:GO which having 70FPS in High Settings. We have the same specs, check this video (Acer Aspire E5-551G AMD FX 7500 AMD R7 M265 2 GB Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - YouTube ).

My Specs:

Aspire E 15 (E5-551G-F57K)

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit

CPU

AMD K15

Bald Eagle 28nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

Acer EA50_KV (Socket FP3)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 M265 Series (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

CrossFire Disabled

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0 (SATA)

Optical Drives

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8HC

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

• Re: My laptop doesn't read my graphics card (AMD R7 M265).
          amdmatt

What AMD drivers are you using?

Do you not disable any GPU's in Device Manager. Please re-enable the device and uninstall your current drivers. You can download the latest Crimson 16.1.1 drivers here.

Head to Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings >

In CC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Monitor and click start monitor. Use your laptop, browse the web, play some games. Go back and check to see which GPU is being used in the monitor report.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.