1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 11:45 AM by lukas

Issue with DisplayPort

lukas

Hello community,

I am experiencing an issue whilst using a monitor connected via DisplayPort.

I have been using the exact same setup for half a year now, and from friday to saturday it suddenly stopped working.

What happened?
      When I turned on my PC on saturday my primary monitor (the displayport one) was set to 800x600 resolution (it wasn't the day before).

When I un- & replugged the monitor it showed a mere black-screen. On my secondary monitor (DVI), the Windows-Resolution frame

displayed the displayport monitor as connected but the resolution settings were grayed out, being set to 800:600.

My Measures:
      I initially thought it would have to be a software issue, so I installed  multiple new driver-versions (details below).
      Nothing changed. I also tried a new DisplayPort-Cable with no effect at all. When I connected the monitor via HDMI though, it worked as it should. (Can't use 3 monitors then, tho).

When I installed the Catalyst Driver Version I received this alert:

Message.png

[German-to-English] The system encountered an error connecting the computer to the displayport-monitor, which is why using it at a high resolution

or with a high frequency is not possible. (...).

My Conclusion:

It's not the monitor, nor the cable, nor the driver (?)

What System am I using?

Hardware specs:

affected Monitor:

Asus VG248QE 61 cm Monitor schwarz: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X

Software specs:

Windows 7 64-Bit

Drivers I tried:

Crimson Edition 15.12

Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix

Catalyst 15.11.1

Full Specs: Systeminformationsbericht erstellt am: 02/15/16 20:10:12 Systemname: LUKAS-PC - Pastebin.com

(sorry for some germanthere, I'll answer all questions)

Why DisplayPort?

I started using DisplayPort since I wanted to use 3 monitors at once.

The other once are connected via DVI and HDMI, and DisplayPort is apparently required if you wanna use more than just two monitors.

Maybe there's a workaround here?

Any thoughts?

For better multi-monitor support I have "DisplayFusion" installed, a multi monitor tool.

I already tried uninstalling that - no effects.

My Question to you:

I know this probably isn't a lot to work with, but still - do you have any clue what could have caused this and how I can fix it?

Or more likely - what information can I provide you with to have a better chance of finding a solution here? (I do not know too much about this stuff, sorry for that..)

Thanks in advance for your input.

• Re: Issue with DisplayPort
          lukas

As mentioned above - in case u require additional information in order to be able to answer, just let me know what it is!

The issue summed up: the monitor i have connected via DisplayPort remains black.

Thanx.