10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 3:00 PM by kroms

Fury X crossfire crashes in almost all games?

netwerx

Hi,

I'm running 2x Fury X  (One XFX one Sapphire) with an i7 4790k (nothing overclocked at the moment) on a MSI KRAIT Z97s mobo in Windows 10 64-bit.  I've updated all drivers, including the mobo, and I'm stuck.  Almost every game I play experiences a complete lockup with black screen (audio keeps playing) and requires a reboot (usually).  I can play without lockup when using a single card.  Not sure where else to go so any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Edit:  This happens when running at 4k whether or not freesync is enabled.  I can't take a screenshot as the whole system locks (blackscreen) and sound starts stuttering.

• Re: Fury X crossfire crashes in almost all games?
          netwerx

To add to my above post I've experienced the crash in the following games:  Project Cars, Need For Speed, Witcher 2 and Star Wars Battlefront.

amdmatt

We'd like to help but unfortunately you have not provided enough information about your system and the issue. Please read this and we will try to help you.

ljm61

A few questions....

-What resolution are you running the games at?

-Does this happen at 1080?

-Does your system otherwise boot and function normally until you start a game?

-Are you running Mantle and DX12?

-Does this happen with a different (non 4k)monitor connected?

-When it crashes does it freeze to a green screen? or other color or Blacks out?

I am having a similar issue at 1080P with only one game running Win 8.1 on DX11 + Mantle.

In my case all other games and system functions normally, but it freezes to green screen when I start just

one game which worked previously with no changes to my system. That game is MechWarrior Online.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a type of denial of service malware. But so far I can still access and play

WOW & WOT, with no problem via Steam as well as two older titles I installed outside of steam...

netwerx

I tested last night with Need For Speed: Most Wanted and crashed at 4k, 1440, and 1080p when using Crossfire.  I can remove Crossfire and those resolutions work fine (except noticeable FPS drop on 4k).

My system does boot and function normally until I start a game, though sometimes it doesn't boot as fast as I'd expect.  I have not specifically installed DX12 or Mantle, but I am running Windows 10 (thought that might come with 12, though I've only seen 11 as an option in game).

I haven't tried with a different monitor connected.  I have FreeSync disabled on the one I currently use but I do have another one I can connect and test with.

When it crashes both monitors freeze for a few seconds and audio continues as normal, then both monitors go black and the audio goes into a quick repeat/stutter until I hard reboot the machine.

louisojeda

I have beenhavibg this problem for months with no help or solution from amd at all.  complete failure with people who try to use multiple fury x cards in crossfire with windows 10.

Over my long testing period i came to realize that games or anything that would cause both cards to function would crash, freeze, blackout or even restart sometimes. This is only with crossfire enabled and only from my testing.. When one or more of the cards (any of them even in triple crossfire) is at 16x. If the system/bios sees it as running in x16 mode (any generation) the cards will crash if crossfire is enable. Now if you find a slot config that puts both cards at x8 then the system works as it should in crossfire. This goes for triple crossfire as well. If the system sees them as all x8 or below crossfire wikl work as it should but if any of the cards are at x16 no form of crossfire will work.

Mysystem is very similar to yours.. I have an i7 5930k

Msi x99s ack and 2 or 3 furi x cards.

kroms

" My system does boot and function normally until I start a game, though sometimes it doesn't boot as fast as I'd expect "

Just a guess but how many HDs  do you have and where is the games installed.  Like as in c:\ ?  or another HD.

Are they SSD's  ? or Mechanical.

Also if  your primary drive that has the game files on it (installed)  run a check disk , so CHKDSK X: /F and replace the X: with the drive letter you wish to scan.

Just to be sure.  I had a HD once that was giving me Issues , only when I decided to run a check on it did I get results that indicated some bad sectors, but the drive was several yrs old and so it was starting to go.

Not saying that is the problem but you might want to make sure.

Also,   " (nothing overclocked at the moment) " did you OC in the past ?  and if so with what. Sometimes using certain programs to OC  can make your system behave strange. Id make sure  nothing is running in memory.