14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 2:00 PM by siman

R9 295X2, 300MHz clock locked

siman

Yeah so after upgrading to crimson 300MHz all 4 GPUs...

flashed MB BOIS - nothing changed

MSI Afterburner - nothing changed

disabled ULPS - nothing changed

disabled powerplay - nothing changed

reinstalled windows 10 - nothing changed

progressively went back driver releases - nothing changed even back to 15.7 (also used a AMD software remover linked by an AMD empoloyee)

reinstalled windows 8.1 - nothing changed

progressively went back driver releases - nothing changed

went back to windows 10 and latest drivers - nothing changed (didnt think it would)

used Clock Blocker - finally something Master GPUs on the cards clocked up by force

ran benchmark again - master GPUs started kind of clocking for the first 5 seconds then back to 300MHz....

Last ditch effort flashed GPU BIOS - samething nothing clocks...

Crimson has bricked my vary vary expensive GPUs... If anyone wants a good laugh here is my neutered beast machine in action: AMD Radeon R9 295X2 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-5960X,Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X99M-Gaming 5

!WARNING! !TO ANY R9 295X2 OWNERS DO NOT UPGRADE TO CRIMSON! YOUR CARDS WILL BRICK...

• Re: R9 295X2, 300MHz clock locked
          amdmatt

Please uninstall MSI Afterburner and any third party applications that are used to control GPU clock speeds and fan controls.

Download and run DDU. Follow the prompt to restart in safe mode and click Clean and Restart.

Download and install Catalyst 15.7.1 WHQL available here. This should should resolve the clock issue for you. Furthermore, you may be able to use Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta available here.

There is an issue with Crimson and fluctuating core clocks which is under investigation at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Re: R9 295X2, 300MHz clock locked
              siman

Thank you for the response I've done that already. as stated above... Core clock fluctuations would be welcomed right now, its staying at D2 constantly even with going back to previous pre-crimson drivers. The only way I got it to start working on the 295's master GPUs was with clock blocker but the slave GPUs will not clock properly. After I ran clock blocker the master GPUs will clock up to D3 even with clock blocker shut off...

Also I got a response from your guys in the email support ticket asking/ telling me my motherboard is old and power supply is to small......... that are already listed in the support ticket... anyway the below is my spec sheet from my build log...

Computer spec sheet:

CPU: Intel 5960X @ 4.25GHz

GPU: X2 R9 295X2 (quad crossfire)

RAM: 4x 8GB 32GB DDR4 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (been playing around with this heard it can cause issues idk...)

MB: Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5

IO: 3x 840EVO 1TB (RAID 0)

PSU: AX1500i 1500 Watt (on 220V)

Case: Modded Corsair 350D Window

Fans: x4 Noctua NF-A14 ind PPM3000, x1 Noctua NF-F12 ind PPM3000

Water blocks: EKWB Supremacy EVO, x2 EKWB R9 259X2, EKWB X99 Gigabyte board set

Pump: Koolance PMP-420

Radiators: HWLabs 120GTS BLK-ice Xflow Nem, HWLabs 140GTS BLK-ice Xflow Nem, HWLabs 280GTS BLK-ice Xflow Nem

Reservoir: EKWB CSQ single bay

Fittings: Bitspower

Blu-ray: Panasonic UJ-265 Slim (using ICYDock adapter)

Fan and pump management: Corsair Commander mini

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB

Headset: Corsair Void RGB Wireless

Mouse pad: MM200 XL

Monitors: X5 MG279Q (eyefinity) (currently only running one because of clock issues)