1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 3:28 PM by kingfish

Troubles with Driver for HD 8750M (version 15.300.1025.1001) Windows 8.1 64 bit

dewett95

Hello, I've got a Lenovo G500 with AMD HD 8750m.    
      I installed Windows 8.1 64 bit, and downloaded from lenovo website all drivers for my laptop.
      Threre was an AMD driver for HD8750 (version 12.100.14.6000). I installed it and everything works good. Then i downloaded a new driver (lhttp://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064 ) Crimson 15.12 (version 15.300.1025.1001) from AMD website. Installed it and reboot my laptop. When i start laptop, windows launching and i've got a Windows 8.1 screen where i should input my password, but this screen stays for 2-3 seconds and then screen turns to black. I still can input my password and log into the system but screen still stays black. Windows is working but screen allways stays black. If I launch safe mode and delete AMD driver (version 15.300.1025.1001) or I just install version 12.100.14.6000 and reboot laptop, Windows starting to work correctly.

The followings are spec for the laptop:

MODEL : Lenovo G500

Intel Core i3-2348Mm    

AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB Dedicated VRAM

Windows 8.1  64bit

The same issue like i have was in this thread Windows shut down but computer stay after update the graphics driver, but noone answered there(

• Re: Troubles with Driver for HD 8750M (version 15.300.1025.1001) Windows 8.1 64 bit
          kingfish

Before you do anything, go to Windows Update and install all relevant updates, including 'optional' and 'recommended' updates such as .netframeworks and C++.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest HD3000 graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download the correct AMD drivers to your desktop. >   16.1.1 beta Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer