3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 10:40 AM by pork_bulgogi

Problems with Sapphire R9 290 Dual-X , monitor with FreeSync and AMD Drivers ( flickering , blackouts, ... ) on Windows 10.

hunterwebs

Greetings! First of all thank you very much for your attention!

I use Windows 10 (64bits) and I have a very stranges errors recently with my Sapphire R9 290 Dual-X GPU.

I've bought a monitor G2260VWQ6 AOC 21.5 " 75hz FreeSync for use as a second monitor or play FPS games (my main monitor is a BenQ EW2440L).

The BenQ is connected via HDMI as it is the only type of connection available for him and the AOC via HDMI-HDMI and both work without any problem, but if I connect AOC through DisplayPort (hereafter, DP) to activate FreeSync and 75hz, I constantly flickering and strange blackouts in the AOC monitor(the BenQ works perfectly) that make it impossible to do anything. As I say, if I use HDMI connection it doesn't happen but obviously I want to connect this monitor via DP to take the advantages of Freesync and 75hz, not with HDMI.

1º) First I thought about the possibility that it was the DP link (although it was new but ...), so I bought another DP link but still with the same problems.

2º)Then I thought it might be to have two monitors, but only connected with the AOC and running through DP, I have the same problems. The flickering and blackouts not disappear with the AOC working on single monitor by DP.

So I only had two options: the new monitor or the graphics card (drivers, hardware,...) so I returned the monitor to the store and they sent me another new, but the problem persists. Since I only had one option: the problem is the graphics card. I tried cleaning with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) software to uninstall and clean driver waste (as I always do and works perfectly) and installing the AMD driver Crimson 16.1.1 (last) again and still the same. However , if I use my PC with the graphic card without video driver installed on the OS, this problems disappears.The problem comes when I install the drivers.

I also tested drivers 15.4, 15.7 and 15.11 beta pre-Crimson versions and still have blackouts and flickering with all. If the graphic card were, never will work the DP connection ... not only after installing the drivers...

Thanks for your time and help. I only wish enjoy my graphic and my monitor. Kindly I await your response!