26 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 7:18 AM by huntsman

Switch Eyefinity On/Off

t.orion

Hi,

I only want to use Eyefinity while playing certain games, but not when using other programs, so I want to be able to turn eyefinity on and off, WITHOUT re-doing the Eyefinity setup every time. Is that possible? Until now the only way I found was to "Discard" the current Eyefinity group, which seems to also delete the setup.

There was (and possibly still is) a way to use hotkeys for different profiles, so one can store an Eyefinity and a "Default" profile for example, and then switch between them. The problem I had with those is that the monitors ended up in in the wrong arrangement when going back to the default monitor setup (like 3,1,2 instead of 1,2,3)...

Tobi

• Re: Switch Eyefinity On/Off
          ballistica

Hi, in Crimson you can set eyefinity to toggle on/off on a per game basis in the individual game options under the Gaming tab.

mschol

i'm also looking for a solution on switching between extended in windows and eyefinity in games.

and the option the crimson drivers provide simply dont work:

i setup American truck simulator to use eyefinity

i adjusted the game profile to enable eyefinity but when launching  ATS from steam or from the crimson software: the system does not switch from extended to eyefinity

Hardwood

A couple things.

1) in Radeon additonal settings you can make presets, some have to be done using windows and eyefinity has to be done with that app.

Once you get your presets set and verified then you should be able to change as ballistica and I do.

2) check your start menu for AMD and see if the presets are there.

t.orion

If I click on advanced settings, it takes ages, but then finally the "old" AMD Catalyst Center opens, and there I can create a profile and save it. However I'm not able to save a profile for the non-eyefinity setup, not sure if I need one..

Anyways, no eyefinity profile can be found in the start menu.

t.orion

Hi, this does not work at all for me. Do you have a how-to for this? I don't even know if I have the correct AMD software, it doesn't say Crimson anywhere..

Hardwood

Don't worry about the crimson part. It should say AMD Radeon Settings.
                        If you right click on the desktop you should have two choices the other  being AMD Radeon Additional Settings which is where the presets can be saved and eyefinity groups can be created.

If you configure your monitors with windows display settings and save them as presets it will work but unfortunately there's no hotkey support yet so  you have to load the additional settings or just use windows again.

If you're gaming in eyefinity tell that to the radeon setting/gaming and it will enable eyefinity for the game and revert to whatever you were  using before the game when you exit it.

kration

I've got the same problem as the Original Poster and I'm afraid I'm equally confused.

I've got Crimson installed. I right click on my desktop and the only option is 'AMD Radeon Settings'. I don't get the 'AMD Radeon Additional Settings'.

I'm also unclear about I save presets in Windows, and how this relates to Eyefinity on/off?

Hardwood

In Radeon settings, click on Home then click on preferences then additional settings will be top left.

You don't make presets in windows. You set your desktop configuration (except eyefinity) using windows display settings and then save that configuration using  the addtional settings' preset option.

This is with WIN 10  if you don't have win 10 then...

t.orion

For me the only thing that works is to press "re-activate Eyefinity" and "disable Eyefinity" respectively in the additional settings (the old AMD settings app).

Is there no nicer way? In the "new" amd settings app it says something about profiles, but I can't get it to automatically enable/disable Eyefinity when I run a certain game. I can't believe that one of the main GPU and CPU companies in the world releases driver software with absolutely no usabillity. So, where's the magic "smart-mode" button I am missing?

ballistica

What I do is make my eyefinity profile, like you have done obviously. Then go to my game of choice under the GAMING tab, click on the game I want. Then under one of the tabs at the top (I dont have the software in front of me), has a toggle that says "Turn on eyefinity when launching this game" or something like that.

The other way, which I think others are trying to explain, is using the old UI under additional settings, where you turn on eyefinity and save it as a preset, you can then enable a hotkey to turn it to that profile. Make a preset for your standard desktop too and you can switch between eyefinity and standard with the push of a button.

Hardwood

Open radeon settings. select game, click on your game, then profile options and enable eyefinity.

eg. For Elite I use EDLaunch and enable eyefinity with it. When Elite starts so does eyefinity, when I close the launcher it's back to whatever my screen settings were  before launch.

dinny

As long as AMD does not have the presets in the taskbat like with the catalyst drivers, i'm sticking with the Catalyst drivers and if i am gonna buy a new card......

I'm forced to go to Nvidia, because, i don't like the crimson drivers, it takes to much to get my screens back right when i'm not gaming.

I have 3 monitors + tv  (on which i work , and watch tv )

i use my 3 monitors for eyefintiy when i'm gaming....

In catalyst, i just pressed a preset in my taskbar, an voilà i had eye finity and was gaming..

gaming finished, turn on another preset, eyefinity is gone, and my monitors and tv ar in the right position....

FIX IT AMD ! 

Hardwood

dinny wrote:

In catalyst, i just pressed a preset in my taskbar, an voilà i had eye finity and was gaming..

gaming finished, turn on another preset, eyefinity is gone, and my monitors and tv ar in the right position....

I just enable eyefinity in whichever game I want to use it. When the game starts the screens change to eyefinity, when the game exits they go back to what they were. Easier than your method. If I want a quick extended or duplicate screen I just use the action centre's PROJECT function.

naman

Ive been fighting this issue as well.  I can get my game to run one time in Eyefinity mode just fine and upon exit reverts to single mon mode as expected. The next time and forever more the game will only run in single screen mode.  I must go into game options in Crimson and "flip" the game eyefinity switch off then on and once again it works ONE time.

Ive been an Nvidia guy for many years because of ATIs horrid software and what a mistake it was going with the 390 instead of the GTX980 to save a couple hundred.  NEVER AGAIN...

This is what companies that rely solely upon H1B visa holders to write all code do to consumers.

Hardwood

Just tried L4D2 from single screen to 3x eyefinity and it worked fine 3 times in a row. Nice... Driver 16.5.2

From single extended screen to eyefinity it worked once then the second time brought me back to dual extended. Not so good.

naman

Mine would work anywhere from 5-50 times then kaput, back to single monitor until I DDU and reinstalled the driver and then after 5-50 times the same thing would happen.  Over and over for the last 8 months.  Not any one game but at some point ALL of them.

Its all good now though.  Ive rid myself of that cancer that was the R9-390/Crimson and now happily have a GTX1070 which is far superior in every way.

arveteg

How do you do that? I have set up Rise of the Tomb Raider, and it works when starting the game. settings go to eyefinity and all is good. But when I exit the game, it dosen't revert back to extended deskstop, so I have to go to Additional settings and inactivate eyefinity.

Hardwood

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It does seem to be a bit hit and miss on reverting on game exit which is a pain but not as much of a pain as the old days when you had to enable eyefinity manually too.

Anyhow, AMD seemed to suggest a while back they will eventually add hotkeys for the monitor presets back into the Crimson software which would REALLY HELP!!! but no go on that yet.

Try a different game, see if it works as it may be how the game unloads too. maybe..

timobkg

I too initially had a problem with the Launch with Eyefinity setting not working in Borderlands 2. If I had Eyefinity disabled, and configured the game profile to start Eyefinity, launching the game just opened it on a single monitor without enabling Eyefinity.

I got it to work, but it required some specific steps to follow.

To get the Launch with Eyefinity setting to work you have to:

1) Setup Eyefinity using Quick Setup from within Radeon Settings

2) Chose Advanced Setup from within Radeon Settings to open the classic control panel and configure Bezel Compensation and otherwise finish setting up Eyefinity.

3) Enable the Launch with Eyefinity setting on the game profile.

4) Go to Preferenced -> Radeon Additional Settings to open the classic control panel and Disable Eyefinity.

5) Launch game.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                  huntsman

4) Go to Preferenced -> Radeon Additional Settings to open the classic control panel and Disable Eyefinity.

That worked for me!

huntsman

I found my own comment on how to turn Eyefinity OFF lol

The problem seems to be that the option must disappear because as I said above option 4 does/did work!

I cannot see any option that says  Additional Settings.

All I can see is Configure additional features of Redeon Settings.

This problem seems to occur after a crash.

Restarting windows 10 does not restore the missing option.

huntsman

My system crashed (CMOS battery need replacing) again at the screen had defaulted to Eyefinity.

As stated in here one way to get back to multiple screens is to open Radeon Settings and click the Eyefinity top tab. This opens the Eyefinity

setting dialogue, at the top right there is an option to delete the current eyefinity display group it is called Discard. I pressed Discard and instantly the distinct screens are back!

Clicking on a shortcut to a game or program that uses Eyefinity and Eyefinity still works!!!

When the program/game ends the distinct screen are back. Job done.

cjhilinski

If Crimson created a profile automatically, delete it and create it manually. A post somewhere else said the automatic profile creation doesn't do Turn on Eyefinity properly.