3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 7:08 AM by amdmatt

R9 390 Dual Monitors Black Screens

incendiarypyro

Hiya, recently I had upgraded from my 270X to a MSI R9 390, but unfortunately I am having issues already with my dual monitor setup. Here is the problem.

• Two HP 23XW monitors connected
      • One is connected via HDMI
      • The other is connected via HDMI-to-DVI
      • Turning off the monitor connected via HDMI-to-DVI and turning it back on causes both displays to go black for a moment before coming back on
      • Turning off the monitor connected via HDMI and turning it back on does not cause this to happen.

I've switched the monitors around so the other one was connected to HDMI-to-DVI instead of HDMI, and turning that one off causes both of the displays to go black momentarily. I've even tried another monitor and it happens. I've tried different drivers and it happens. I've tried a different cable and it happens. I've reinstalled Windows and it happens. Here is a video demonstrating the problems I am having.

What I want to know is why is this happening? I have an i5 4690K, MSI R9 390 8G, SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W PSU, an ASRock Z97 Pro4 motherboard, and Windows 8.1 if this helps. For the time being I have reinstalled my R9 270X as I do not have these problems with it.