2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 5:14 PM by tomtalk24

Mouse Inaccuracy

nickgold

I'm not even sure this is the right forum to be asking in, but I have a problem that is driving me nuts.  I've read half the internet looking for an answer and the more I've read the more confused I've got.  I just built a new setup with a r9 390 card to get 4k resolution on a monitor in order to have extra screen real estate for graphics/coding work.  I only have one 4k display in the house at the moment and it is a samsung hu6950 tv...so that's what I'm using.  It only does 4:4:4 @ 30 hz so I know I can't get to 60 with my current setup.

My problem is that my mouse is just slightly inaccurate/slow, which is enough to make me click on the wrong line of code or the wrong tool all the time.   This minor inaccuracy is insanely time consuming.

My question is, is it the 30hz refresh rate that is causing this, an input lag issue with the tv, or something with the video card?  I have the latest drivers, but on install I used the driver disk and had older ones and think I had the same problem, but only used it for a little bit so I can't say for sure.  Leads me to believe it has something to do with the refresh rate or input lag of the tv, but I wanted to ask people smarter than me before I went out looking for a new monitor.