1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 11:02 AM by amdmatt

BSOD after Windows logo unless I delete my video card drivers

emes

I have MSI 970A-G46 mobo, Sapphire R9 290 video card, Windows 7 64 bit

My problem is that since the new driver update I get a black screen everytime after the Windows logo loads and I cannot boot into Normal mode, but at the same time I can go to Safe Mode without any problems. Tried system restore and all the other options, did a clean boot, updated BIOS, nothing helps. Have been trying to fix this for 4-5 days now, the only thing I found out is that if I delete the video card drivers everything works fine, but as soon as the Windows autoinstalls them and makes me do the mandatory restart, the black screen is back. I have tried countless fixes without any luck, also switched the R9 290 with my old Radeon 4850 HD and it works perfectly fine, can boot into Normal mode and everything. However, when I put the R9 290 back... black screen. I've had a burned out video card before and the colors were all over the place, etc. Now, this is not the case, the card looks good, no black spots, everything with the colors is fine except that I cannot boot into Normal mode without deleting the video card drivers. This makes me think that the problem with BSOD is software. I just don't have any idea what to do anymore. For my 15+ years of PC experience this is the first time I have such problem...Help please !