6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 11:43 AM by andrew8606

Elite dangerous fps drop after latest driver install 16.1

andrew8606

I have Radeon HD7970 and WIndows 7 64bit. Before update to 16.1 in Elite dangerous I had stable 60 fps framerate. After latest driver install only 14 fps max. And fps at 14 on minmum settings and maximum settings. What is wrong with drivers???

And when problem will be resolve?

Update: Today was ingame update from Elite developers. Looks problem was NOT IN AMD DRIVERS. Problem was in Frontier development. But they told that problem was in AMD drivers.

Update: After PC reboot FPS drop came back. WTF? Problem was not solved... AMD or Frontier. who is responsible for this SH.T?)))

Update: 23 was released latest 16.2 drivers. And what I see  - now FPS depends on settings. And now on max settings 15 FPS! GOOD JOB AMD +1 FPS with new drivers! Yeah you DID IT!

And no kidding - on minimum settings now 30-35 FPS.

WTF AMD??? THIS GAME BEFORE YOUR DRIVER UPDATE RAN AT 60 FPS STABLE! YOU RUINED ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GAME AND CAN'T DO NOTHING AFTER 2 MONTH????

IS THIS SPECIAL DOWNGRADE TO MAKE US TO BUY NEW GPU???? OR GO TO GEFORCE? IT'S REALLY PISS ME OFF...WHAT YOUR PROGRAMMERS ARE DOING? HOW THIS SITUATIONS IS POSSIBLE FOR SO BIG COMPANY? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND...

Update: Latest Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Hotfix solve problem.