AnsweredAssumed Answered

Virtual Super Resolution gets disabled after reboot or shutdown. Any one else experienced the same?

Question asked by raffydelafuente on Feb 7, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 by raffydelafuente

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is easy for all of you, but I just can't figure it out on my own.

I installed Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 on my laptop due to work purposes and have used the latest Crimson drivers (whql-radeon-software-crimson-edition-16.1-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-jan7). My laptop does not support 1920x1080 natively, so finding out about VSR is really a treat and I love it. But here's the problem, whenever I activate VSR and choose a display higher than 1366x768, it only work during the time I have made the configuration. Once I reboot or shutdown the laptop, the settings are lost. I have tested the radeon settings on several other settings such as GPU scaling and video settings, their settings all get retained even after shutdown. Now I know this works, because prior this format, I was able to make it work. I just don't know what's different this time. I've reformatted twice and both occasions exhibited the same problem but later on I was able to get VSR permanently working after toggling it several times somehow (although I honestly don't know how I made it work). With that thought in mind, I thought it would work this time. But I am sadly mistaken as it has still not worked. I have tried all day figuring this out to no avail. Any suggestions or ideas why this is? I ran out of ideas. Simply toggling the VSR or GPU scaling until it permanently saves ain't going to help. Hopefully you can have answers... please. Thanks in advance.

Raffy

Outcomes