0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 10:34 AM by alexthepilot2015@gmail.com

R9 380 preforming worse than previous R9 270 (software related)

alexthepilot2015@gmail.com

So I just installed my Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4gb card and it was detected and everything was updated. I then went to install the latest drivers 15.301... and the card is behaving really weird. It preforms considerably worse than my 270 which I had installed previously. It gets a consistent 20 FPS lower on GTA V and gets the same 60 FPS on Rocket League but when turning the car jitters around the screen even when offline and when presented with a collision it will drop to about 30 FPS. It also gets really hot (60C under load 35C idle) and fans spin slow for the temperatures that it is reaching. I say that this issue is driver related because I rolled back the driver to the 15.300... driver and it behaved much differently still got hot and fans hardly spinning but the frames increased on certain games.  I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers multiple times as well as checking the connection of all cables as well as the pci e connection to the motherboard. No Idea what is happening right now any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

Specs:

CPU: FX-6300

GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4gb

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3

PSU: Corsair CX850M 850W

Ram: 8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport

Drivers: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver Version 15.301.1801(although I have also tried older drivers with no success)

Display: Asus VX228H Using HDMI at 60Hz and 1920x1080