3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 12:21 AM by musitech

Extra settings in Crimson not booting, Win10

musitech

Hi guys,

I've been running AMD Crimson drivers on my Lenovo laptop - (Win 10 64bit) and have managed to get all up to date as at Feb 7th ... Version 16.1.1  ...  Hotfix web--update and all.  Seems to be running pretty well but I'm still finding that the custom settings I make in "Additional Settings" for gamma, brightness etc are not taking effect at boot.  It's as if the Add settings are treated as an independent app in CCC.  (still a bit of Catalyst there!)

I read somewhere that this is a known issue, but AMD are choosing to not address it yet.  I have temp created a boot for CCC in startup folder, but of course, have to close the CCC app after it launches and adjusts the screen settings.
      SO ... is the CCC Additional settings going to be included as an integral part of Crimson soon??  Or Crimson will actually contain these settings as it should??  Would love to have a reply on this!
      Musitech

• Re: Extra settings in Crimson not booting, Win10
          musitech

Hi Matt,  Yes, as you will know, the Additional settings appear to be "an afterthought" on the Radeon Display settings page. (small note top right)  Just seems weird and like they are hung on there as a temp fix for those of us who are into more serious use of computer graphics and want to calibrate colour for work rather than play games..

What I want to know is when AMD are going to design these settings right into the "Display" page, where they need to be rather than flicking us off to a sawn-down piece of the Catalyst Control Centre !  Currently we can change display settings in here alright but they are lost when computer is shut down.
          Well, see above for the rest

Hope this further clarifies the inquiry.
          Cheers,

Musitech ♫

• Re: Extra settings in Crimson not booting, Win10
            musitech

Thanks Matt, I'll wait and see.  I can live with closing a window.  These additional settings will be built in soon as part of the Crimson "Display" page (using same design style) I hope, rather than having a temporary shortcut to CCC.....  I wait !