Probably a dumb question, but did you try this: Diablo III Lockups and Crash Errors - Battle.net Support
Is there a way to get a crash dump from Diablo that might point someone in the right direction?
Also, can you provide system info so people can help?
Run dxdiag and "save all information" and attach it here is a quick and easy way.
- AMD R9 270x
- Win 7 64 bit
- 16.1.1 (hotfix) crimson
- Display 1 PHILIPS FTV, HDMI
Display 2 Samsung S22D 300, VGA
- BIOSTAR Group H61MLC x64-based PC
- Intel Core i302100 CPU @ 3.10Ghz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processor(s)
- Antec VP500PC
- 8GB - 1333
- its described above, in short terms every time I run D3, after few mins, black screen appear and the game crashes, in order to reproduce it just start the game again and I will have the same issues, its not consistent, sometimes i can play an hour sometimes after 5-10 mins however the black screen is inevitable
- Diablo 3, Reaper of souls, patch 2.4.0
- 1980x1080x60 res; texture quality high everything else low or off (see attachment "resolution and 3D settings)
- See attachment "example 2"
You're getting a TDR. That usually means the GPU is soft-hanging.
Are you overclocking your GPU or GPU memory?
Maybe your GPU is getting too hot, has bad memory or just a bad GPU.
Try running Furmark for 10-20 minutes to see if you get the same crash/hang.
You could try underclocking memory and GPU to see if that helps. That might help you narrow down if it's the GPU's memory or GPU itself.
Alternatively, you could try getting some memory dumps by disabling TDR recovery, etc. There's lots of info around the web on how to do that, if you are so inclined.
I have tried the test with funmark and the gpu ran it smoothly for 15 mins, no crashes or hangs.
Tried to underclock (i cut it by half of the default setting) the GPU memory the game still crashed
Checked on internet with TDR but seemed somehow complicated and at time didnt have time to go more deeply into this solution so havent tried that
But if you want to tell me that I need to do very not ordinary stuff just to start and play some game... I am not sure its worth it
If the problem if from amd side (which apparently is) they need or should find some solution to the problem, if they choose to ignore that fine also not that one unsatisfied costumer will change anything its just, its not supposed to be like that
Anyway thanks to everybody that contributed to this, unfortunately for me still unresolved problem, if in near future any1 has a clue of how am I suppose to fix this hes more then welcome to suggest it, its just I think its supposed to be easy not an impossible thing to do it.