0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 3:19 PM by rzrbak0402

Need help with graphics driver for AMD APU A10-8700P Radeon R6

rzrbak0402

I have posted on several forums i.e. Lenovo and Tom's Hardware but have yet to get a solid answer. I hope someone here has a better sense of my issue and can provide more in depth assistance.

I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 500-15ACZ around the end of December. This laptop was for my wife and it's not being used for any gaming. Laptop came with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed so no upgrade from Win 7 or 8 has been performed. The laptop ran fine until about 2 weeks ago when WU installed it's latest updates. My wife began to notice screen anomalies and started receiving "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered". The laptop would get a black screen and reboot. Every time it restarted, it would displayed the same "driver stopped responding message" and rebooted. After 3 or 4 times it would then go to the BSOD. I finally booted into Safe Mode and disabled the Display Adapter. I've finally got it to a stabilized state and that's when I began to look into the problem.

After days of reading forums on the net, technical advice etc., I came to the conclusion that the graphics driver had been updated via WU to a newer version that was most likely incompatible. Since then, I've tried installing/uninstalling various AMD driver versions (using DUU),cleaning up the system with CCleaner and Glary Utilities but still with no luck. I even upgraded the RAM to 16GB...thought the original might be defective but still had same issues. I finally performed a clean install of Windows, downloaded the appropriate drivers for USB, Audio etc. Windows went and did it's updates to include the latest AMD Radeon R6 drivers and I'm back to square 1.   As long as I don't  enable the AMD display driver, the laptop works (with the exception of video quality).

AMD AutoDetect states that the best driver for my system is "radeon-crimson-15.12-minimalsetup" and AMD Chipset-Crimson 15.12 Edition that were released on 12/17/2015. I have downloaded both but won't install until I hear back from the "community".

Below are my laptop's technical specs

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • .NET Framework
        • v4.6 Full
        • v4.6 Client
        • v3.5 SP1
        • v3.0 SP2
        • v2.0 SP2
      • CPU - AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, Carrizo CZ-A1
      • RAM - 16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3
      • Motherboard - Lenovo ideapad 5 (Socket FP4), Chipset-K15 IMC, Southbridge Model Carizzo FCH, Bios version CACN27WW(2.00)
      • Graphics - ATI AMD Radeon R6
        • Subvendor - Lenovo (17AA)
        • Driver version - 15.200.1065.0

I have the full specs in a text doc but it's too large to post here. If anyone would like to review it, let me know.