4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2016 10:19 AM by kingfish

Problem with AMD Radeon 7450M graphics card.

kpldvnpne

I have AMD Radeon 7450M graphics card in my Dell Inspiron N4050 laptop. Whenever I try to install the display driver for this graphics card and set it enabled, my laptop shows a BSOD which will only go after I disable the display adapter from the safe mode. What should I do so that I can make this graphics card work?

• Re: Problem with AMD Radeon 7450M graphics card.
          kingfish

What OS?

What processor?

What is your other graphics?

kpldvnpne

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit

Intel Core 15-2450M CPU @ 2.50 GHz

Intel HD 3000 Graphics

kingfish

When you reformatted, did you install all of the upgrades from Windows Update? Especially the relevant 'optional' updates...including the .netframeworks and C++ upgrades? This must be done before trying to install graphics drivers.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download the correct AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

Legacy 16.1.1 beta

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                kpldvnpne

Other Details that might be necessary:

History: The laptop showed BSOD out of the blue. Being unable to find out the source of the problem, I formatted the Hard Disk instead with the same OS. Now when I tried to install the drivers from Dell Website, the problem resurfaced during the installation of the display driver.

Screen shot of the BSOD:IMG_20160205_083624[1].jpg