5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 1:07 PM by ray_m

AMD Driver Cause immediate crash upon restart WINDOWS 7

reanimator

I've been having this issue all day and it started when I tried to install windows 10 from a completely wiped Windows 7 malware everywhere OS.  After the install of Windows 10, my system began a never ending cycle of crashes that culminated arround a single issue, EXCEPTION_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys.  I discovered that this file was in relation to drivers provided by none other than AMD.  I had to quickly download a AMD utility removal tool and use it in safe mode to get rid of the file so I could physically use my copy of Windows 10.  However upon a fresh download of the latest and greatest drivers for my system, my system quickly crashed back into the same error.  After many painstaking hours of getting around the issue failed, I decided to roll back to Windows 7.  Everything seemed fine until I again attempted to download the drivers for my two crossfire linked  This time the install completed and the computer restarted, however I can now not accsess the OS at all and it BSOD's right before getting to the log in.  I'm really at a loss for what to do.  I'm sure at this point that it is a DRIVER RELATED ISSUE.  If it helps at all the only display adapters currently listed are two Standard VGA Graphics adapter and one of them doesn't seem to be working at all.

If anyone replies to this with any suggestions I'll post my system specs, but I haven't been able to get help all day.