2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2016 3:39 AM by retro

whean i tern crossfire on  i get worse prefomance than when it is off.

retro

HI with crossfire enabled I get silver streaks through my screen and game play  is very jerky like major lag and that's on wow,skyrim with 80+ mods ,elder scrolls online and borderlands the pre-sequel and even Netflix.

I recently had to update my system so i have a hodgepodge of old and new , originally I thought when my system crashed it damaged  one of my GPU's so I swamped them and tested them with 3DMARK fire strike 1.1 and the score's were close 5686 & 5684 so i thank the cards are fine but with crossfire on the score drops to 3752 !!!!???? yeah go figure . AMD auto detect clams i have the  latest drivers, 15.3 I did not have this problem before with the old drivers version I thank it was 14.7 but not positive but that was with my old motherboard and cpu phenom II x6 1100t black ,this is my new system.

motherboard = M5A99(FX PRO P2.0

CPU Fx - 9370 collier corsair H100i

ram HiperX fury 16g 1833mhz

GPU sapphire 77870xt  x2

pcu rosewill capstone 1000w

windows 7 64bit

Ow I also tried installing the 16.1 hot fix but windows wouldn't let me it Sade it was corrupted ??. Any suggestions or should I just say the hell with crossfire and get a R9  or GTX 980 =(       

THAN YOU

• Re: whean i tern crossfire on  i get worse prefomance than when it is off.
          t77chevy

is the crossfire bridge connected correctly between the 7870s ? are both gpus in the dark blue pci x 16 slots on your mother board ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: whean i tern crossfire on  i get worse prefomance than when it is off.
              retro

Thank you t77 chevy for you're feed back .

Yes the gpus are in the proper pci x 16 slot and I doubled checked the crossfire bridge and even tried swapping it for the other bridge that I had but the results where the same but I did notes that one of the bio switches got tripped so I made shear that the switches where in the factory setting ,unfortunately none of this has helped the results are still the same .

Wean I rebuilt this in November it worked beautifully for about a month and a half and than crossfire quit working properly when I upgraded to the crimson addition with the 15 series   drivers I just don't know ,after all that I'm thanking it's ether a software problem or theirs something  wrong internally with this new motherboard I'm almost to the point of tacking it to a pc repair shop and see if they can figure out I have looked  for the 14 series drivers so I can be shear that it is not a driver problem but I cant find them.