4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 2:49 AM by amdmatt

Crossfire HD7870's, Triple monitors (not in eyefinity) Games crash in full screen

gregory_house

Sorry, I didn't know how to shorten the subject any further than that. So I've been running 2 7870's in Crossfire on my system for about 3 years now, and for the most part I haven't had any trouble. I run 3 27" 1080p monitors, not in Eyefinity usually. I upgraded to Win10 64 pro day one, and had no problems until I installed the first Crimson build. While many things function a bit better in Crimson, I cannot run the majority of my games in full screen mode. When I do, the games flash a black screen, then crash. Games this happen on are just about all 2K games, Diablo III, and many other smaller release titles. For some, I was able to get into the games by going into the .ini files, and setting it to open up in windowed mode. Some, however, don't provide this option, and thus I am stuck trying to alt+enter the game before it starts fully loading. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't. It all depends on the options of the game.
      The point is, this started happening when I upgraded to Crimson. I've installed the latest, and even the hotfix from yesterday (I check back daily to see if there are any updates available) but nothing seems to fix it. I even did a clean install of windows just in case something inside windows itself was borked, but I still have the problem. Any ideas?