3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 3:51 PM by jimmyjamthaman

GPU Drivers causing BSOD

jimmyjamthaman

About 2 weeks ago, I updated my GPU driver to the latest edition (Crimson 16.1 I think) and since then I've been getting BSOD's at various times after I start up my computer. Sometimes it'll crash while I'm gaming, and others it will crash before I can even open Steam. BSOD screen says it was caused by an issue with the atikmdag.sys file. I uninstalled all the drivers using using CCleaner and have tried installing the available older versions of AMD drivers, but I was still getting the same BSOD. Now it seems I can't install any AMD drivers without it crashing my system and I need help. All my other drivers appear to be working fine, and I don't get the BSOD when uninstalling all AMD drivers and using the basic Windows one. The memory is working fine as well.

Is this a hardware issue? What can I do to fix the driver to stop this from happening?

System Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46 Socket AM3+/ AMD 970/ DDR3/ CrossFireX & SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard

Processor: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Vishera Processor 3.5GHz Socket AM3+

GPU: Radeon R9 280 3GB

RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 2x4GB DDR3

HD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Power: Rosewill Arc M550w

Please let me know if there is any other information you need to fix this I haven't been able to use my computer for almost 2 weeks and nothing works to fix it!