8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 4:49 PM by en9dmp

Fallout 4 CrossfireX Major Flickering and Corruption 16.1.1 HotFix driver

mottoman216

So, i downloaded the new 16.1.1 beta driver just for the crossfire profile for Fallout 4. installed said driver and loaded up Fallout 4 to try it out and instantly on the loading screen it was flickering. once i was in game everything was flickering, half the textures were missing... like buildings, walls, etc. I ended up uninstalling the drivers,  then i ran AMD Clean Uninstaller Utility and did a clean install of 16.1.1 again. Booted up FO4 and it's the Same exact thing. Checked MSI Afterburner and it shows both cards being utilized quite a bit @ 80+%  on both GPU's. They were both well within their temperature targets also. this seems to happen no matter what settings i have tried (Low, medium, high, ultra). i decided the open up Radeon settings and switch the crossfire profile from "Default" to "AFR Friendly" ..... Same deal. eventually i ended up disabling the crossfireX profile for Fallout 4 and its all good now. I've tested crossfire with 16.1.1 on GTA 5 and The Witcher 3... Both seem to be working normal. no flickering or corruption.

My Question: Is anyone else having crossfire issues with FO4 using the new driver?? is this being looked into?
      was really looking forward to finally using both my GPU's in this game!

Thanks! - Maurice

My Specs

FX8350 @4.0GHZ

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

XFX R9 270x 2gb (x2) Crossfired (1100/1400)

OCZ ZT Series 750 watt PSU modular

Windows 10 64bit PRO

32in Samsung LCD TV via HDMI.