1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 2:12 AM by amdmatt

Does anyone here know how to deal with AMD support to actually help with getting AMD W5100 to work with 4-6 monitors? I have been trying for 3 months now.

tonyk.

Does anyone know how to deal with AMD Support to get AMD W5100 to get 4-6 monitors to work? I have been trying to get just 4 monitors working for over three months. I trade in the market and need multi monitors. Unfortunately, there are questions here on this forum that could possibly help but, no answers thus, the question.

• Re: Does anyone here know how to deal with AMD support to actually help with getting AMD W5100 to work with 4-6 monitors? I have been trying for 3 months now.
          amdmatt

We can try to help. What problem are you having?

The FirePro W5100 GPUs are all able to output up to 4 displays each, but this is contingent on how the monitors are connected to the card. The requirement for this is that the Graphics Cards feature either DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort outputs, which your FirePro has. To get 4 display working can only be possible when using either a direct DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort connection, or utilising an active DisplayPort adapter for the 3rd monitor and beyond. The FirePro W5100 cards can only output two legacy/passive outputs at one time! (DVI/HDMI/VGA-passive-adapter-connected monitor)

Using an active adapter instead of a passive adapter utilises a small chip inside the adapter that converts the DisplayPort signal to a signal that is usable by a DVI/HDMI/VGA connection, while still maintaining the DisplayPort standard. If you use a passive adapter, it just converts the DisplayPort output to a legacy/passive output.

For a list of certified adapters, you can refer to www.amd.com/dongles, as these are adapters that our certification team has tested with our cards and found them to be compatible with all AMD products.